Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Spiner's Talents

A few days back I claimed Brent Spiner is like Jake Gyllenhaal. With my brain in a state of decay


I forgot why I thought so. I remembered in the metro.

For Star Trek he delivered brilliant work while he fails to impress me in other projects. For Jake it went like this: He delivered brilliant work in Brokeback Mountain, but failed to impress me in other projects.

That was a few months back, before End of Watch came out. In End of Watch he managed to impress me again. It also provided me with the answer why he never impressed me in other projects. I’ve written that blog a few months ago, so I’m not going to repeat it here and now.

One of Spiner's musical efforts. Not sure you can still buy it

Still concentrating on Mr. Brent Spiner… Okay, well, here’s a confession. I found a little clip of a play in which Spiner turns out to play two different characters. He was really good at the cheeky one. Very funny, very skillful, definitely not as lovable as Data. That was in the character, not Spiner’s fault.

The play was called “Sunday in the Park with George”, a Stephen Sondheim play. You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T03SVaQH6cE

He looks very young in it, he was 37 actually. He also sings in it. Hmmm, I should also say something about his music efforts.
Making of Dreamland

For not so updated information go to www.therealbrentspiner.com. You can also listen a bit to Dreamland which is, to my annoyance, really good.

No comments: