Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Crimson Red

There’s this strange side effect to YouTube. Not only can you waste seas of time with no effort at all, it also fuses strange connections in my head.


I associate Damien Rice‘s song Volcano with Alan Rickman. I associate Vampire Weekend’s Giving Up the Gun with Jake, as well as the Shoes’ Time To Dance. These connections are easily explained.

I once found a fanmade tribute to Alan Rickman on YouTube. The little video was set to Volcano. Jake appeared in both Giving Up the Gun and in Time To Dance. And now I’m sort of addicted to a fanmade video tribute to Data, or to be precise: Data’s Ouchies. She, the video maker, timed the frames perfectly with the music having the bass in the song compliment what you see in the video. She’s done this well, it got me hooked. I really like the bass in the song.

I’m also fascinated by Data getting damaged and/or turned off. For some reason, half of the time, it makes me laugh. It gives him a vulnerability.

Part of the video in which the bass is very prominent.
 The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN1b4zWn5PY

The title of the video can be derived from the song’s lyrics. It’s also almost the only bit of the lyrics that finds it way into my brain. All the rest of the words are just sounds to me.

The song is Take Me to the Hospital by The Faint.

Also the word is out: My manager walked passed me and noticed I had a YouTube vid on. He took a step back to check what I was watching. Then he remarked something about Data, something like me having a crush on him. It made me laugh.

Seriously, from a dead prince to a fictional android. Even I’m impressed.

No comments: