Friday, January 10, 2014

Rectification - Pointless Post

It turned out, the pointless post really was fairly pointless. There was also one thing that bothered me about it; In the last part of that post, I talked about how creepy fans can be and that Brent Spiner turned out to be human. Of course I was joking (I know, bad joke and not very obvious). What bothered me about it was, the link didn't really point out how creepy fans can be, but rather how weird and obnoxious, or is that rude, Brent's humour can be.

When you're a fan of Brent, or when you pay longer attention to him than really is necessary, you soon find out his brand of humour is a bit off beat, sarcastic, maybe rude and maybe even offensive. It doesn't really bother me, I've got a fairly thick skin, but I can see how people might get offended or just don't understand his sense of humour. I think it's a defense mechanism; this way he doesn't need to show anything of himself, nor does he need to reveal anything of his private life. And in some cases, he's really fucking funny. Don't read his twitter though, it's very sobering in a fan-of-Brent kinda way. Whatever that means. I suppose what I meant to say is: as a fan you very quickly find out he's definately not superman....Hah! He wish.

Pointless Post

No comments: