Friday, January 10, 2014

New Avenues

Developments are rolling in quicker and faster these days. I incidentally rolled into it all. I started using social media when most people were still finding out what Internet was. I started using it when moderating a chatroom was still done with command lines instead of just clicking on a button. I incidentally rolled into very information technical studies that propelled me into very information technological jobs. I learnt to program, I learnt to write specifications, I learnt to test and maintain, I learnt to talk to customers about it and how to use applications, software, etc; an absolutely ridiculous streak of luck that gave me knowledge and skills that could be very useful in these very information technological times of social media and apps.

I was also lucky to not only specify applications and systems, but also connections between applications and systems. I was able to build up a great spectrum of specifications writing and I'm starting to get bored with it. What I never have done before, and which I'm doing now, is specifying an application from scratch. I have been given the assignment to specify and design a whole new application. That's an exciting and terrifying assignment. However, after I've done that, I think it's time to get with the times and try a new avenue: specifying mobile apps. I already found a training that aims at people in the streets which is really what's happening; people in the streets developing and selling their own apps. What I want is developing mobile apps for organizations. This also means, eventually, I want to also move into modern marketing, which pretty much has everything to do with social media.

Anyway, something to think about.

http://www.groupon.nl/deals/grouponshopcity/app-design-cursus/32577576?nlp=&CID=NL_CRM_1_0_0_9&a=1646

I might buy this. Very likely.

No comments: