Monday, July 1, 2013

Royal Analysis Postponed

Last Friday I was supposed to post the analysis based on the earlier posted character studies. It turns out it's not easy to make a good analysis. I'm still wrestling with the analysis itself, though I have a good idea, and I'm wrestling with how to write it down. This might become a bit bigger than I thought.

I am going to try, but give me a bit of time. Just poke me if it takes too long.

I can tell you however I'm now reading minister Weitzel's diaries. He used to be the minister of war back in the late 19th century. He gives some interesting views on king William III and accounts of numerous situations. He also wrote bobs and pieces about Sophie and the princes.

I'm also reading another book. This book is about the relationship between the dynasty of the Oranges and the Netherlands. It's a very thorough analysis; the book counts about 400 pages. An interesting and long read. I'll write something about it when I read a bit more.

Sorry for the uninteresting posts, but now you at least know why I'm not living up to my promises. I did however manage my overall goal of writing more posts this year than in any other year. So far I posted 80 times this year, including this post.

No comments: