Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Another Book About Alexander

About one month ago I ordered a book about a supposed early relationship/love interest of Alexander. I ordered it at a Dutch antique bookshop. Very quickly, about two days later, I got the message didn't couldn't find the book, it was probably misplaced, but they were searching for me. Then there was one month of silence. Last Friday I inquired after the status of the research. The reply came Monday and started with an apology: "The book was probably sold right after it was registered online." They were sorry for not informing me. I asked if they could help me find the book somewhere else. Yesterday I had another reply from them telling me: "It's strange, but true, we found the book. It wasn't sold after all, only misplaced." And the request if I still wanted to buy the book. Peculiar string of events. I like to think Alexander himself had something to do with that.

No comments: