Monday, July 8, 2013

It's Quite Pleasing

Pleasing Thing 1

A few weeks back I told you I was doing a training Professional Advice Skills. It was a very useful training to which I should go back more often than I do at the moment. For one, I could bring all the material to office and sort all the useable models out.

Anyway, one piece of homework we had to do and which I hadn’t done, was doing a test to figure out what kind of person I was. You could fall into the following categories: 1) Action 2) Tactic 3) People 4) Ideas. The test was chosing between two statements. There were about 50 couples of statements. This was my score 1) Action: 7, 2) Tactic: 9, 3) People: 7, and 4) Ideas: 17. Total should be 40. It did shed some light on why I don’t feel very happy in the work I do right now. Everything I have to do is collecting information, steering people and filling in a template. That’s it. I don’t need to come up with any ideas in my daily work.

That sounds like a negative thing, which it is. The positive is; I now know why I don’t feel happy at work now. That’s pleasing.

Pleasing Thing 2
Not too long ago I posted a fun fact on one of the Dutch Royals websites. The fun fact was that Alexander once danced with a male friend of his on a gala. I also added I didn’t know what his intentions were.

Someone responded he did it to shock the people in attendance. It was very effective; people were shocked and spoke their disapproval and rumors assued.

Pleasing Thing 3
Finally the weather behaves like it’s summer, which it is. Last Saturday I went sailing with Owen on the Gaasperplas. The weather was fantastic. We had some nice food; my pasta salad was very pleasing. We had some joints, alcoholic and a few swims and we didn’t drown.

Even though my arms were killing me later in bed, I was really happy the weather was finally such I could go have a swim in the Gaasperplas. The water was cool, but not too cold. Refreshing and lovely. Also, my sun cream/block is very pleasing. It smells nice and protects.

Pleasing Thing 4
I’m pulling myself together and it’s getting rather busy at work. I could be sharper, but I think I didn’t let anything slip too much. Still, I could be much sharper. Amount of work done per day is pleasing.

No comments: