Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Run of the Mill

I’m sure I wrote about my blog goals for this year. However I’m going to write about it again.


At the start of the year I set myself a goal to make more posts than I have in any other year. I achieved this goal last month. I could stop blogging now, but we’re only half way through the year. My new goal is to post more in one month than I ever have. Most posts in one month was in 2011 in February. In the shortest month of the year I managed to post 30 blogs, all mainly about the “10 O’Clock Live” show. Most blog posts in a month in this year was in June, 23 posts. I’m sure I can beat that this month.

So, there’s the reason I’m posting a lot of rubbish small tidbits about nothing at all.

Over the past months I have been rather pleased with my blog posts. Not only did I release a shitload of posts, the subjects could be classified as (moderately) interesting (for certain people) and in some cases, even researched. Wow! The main subject(s) did help. For a change it was not just babbling about fandom and how badly treated we fans are. It was not just useless muttering about artists, about what they did, didn’t, do, don’t, will and won’t. I had some actual subjects at my fingertips. Meaty chunks of information, theories and guessing (from my side).

Not sure all of you, whoever you are, thought it was interesting (hardly anybody ever leaves a comment. Still not.) But my blog is read more often these days, though still pathetically underread.

It is surprising in some way, and it isn’t in another at all. It is surprising since they’re all dead and no/not much news will be added to the pile of news or rather olds. It isn’t surprising since subjects like sociology, culture, history, politics, etc rear their ugly heads as well. I’m not claiming I’m done with it now. I’m still reading a book about the relationship between the Netherlands and the Orange dynasty. Since that book counts about 500 pages, I’m guessing it’ll be a while till I say something about it. That really is a meaty chunck of theory and history.

Well…

I could blabber on about nothing, but I’m guessing the few readers I had still left have left now….

No comments: