Monday, June 17, 2013

Quick Update

Just to let you know that I didn't forget my promise. I'm, in fact, reading two books at once; 1) Sophie's biography and minister Weitzel's diaries. Both interesting looks at the period King Willem III was king.

I know it's been a week. I know a few weeks back I was posting two posts a day. I simply don't have the time for that at the moment. It's getting quite busy at work, and I really need to do things. Besides that, I want to make my study as complete and correct as possible. Which means I'll be reading some more for a bit longer and then I'll have a good think about all the information gathered. I do think I am getting a fairly complete and clear view. Obviously, I can only shed my own light on everything.

I think it's fair to say that the whole family, that includes Willem III, Sophie and their sons, were by nature good people. They just never had the support they always needed. I think a lot of pain and misery could have been avoided. But I say that with my 21th amateur knowledge.

To be continued...

Weitzel's diaries

No comments: