Friday, June 7, 2013

First Impressions of Sophie

People seem to be very judgemental in those days. Or is that us now, lifting out impressions on people from people out of diaries and letters? It’s probably true we are these days less judgemental and more self-involved. Not necessarily a good thing.

These days we do give impressions of people. We still critizise them, but more than before we search for the positive assets, rather than the negative. Well, not me, obviously. I’m always searching for the negatives. One negative characteristic of Sophie is, she’s very judgemental.

Her first meeting with her future husband is quite intersting. She doesn’t know him yet and things he’s charming. She even has a great time spending with him and his brother. Later she’ll also dislikes his brother.

What is a little disturbing to me is that she seems to like things I like and she seems to dislike the things I dislike in people. We might have some things in common, but even more sets us apart.

I should be careful not to reveal too much. I still want to put it all together in one post to analyze why her three sons died so young.

No comments: