Friday, August 13, 2010

Comedians, what to do with them?

On a lighter note...

There are a few of them I love, because it’s mandatory: the Pythons, everybody who appeared in Blackadder, a bit (more) of Fry & Laurie (they should be regarded as part of the Blackadder family and as a separate unit).

Then there are the others.

Comedians I indulge: Jimmy Carr and Charlie Brooker. They’re annoying in their own special ways. Jimmy Carr’s face just seemed to be glued to my screen and Charlie Brooker is ridiculously outspoken. What’s not to like....?

Comedians I like as a person: Dara Ó Briain, Rob Brydon, Clive Anderson, Sandy Toksvig, Reginald D. Hunter. They can be funny, but more often I only think of them as nice people, though I suppose I find Reginald D. Hunter more (deadpan) funny than a nice person....Robert Webb.

I warmed up to: Lee Mack. He's, to my irritation, actually quite funny.

I feel for: Alan Davies. I want him as my puppy dog so I can hug him when he’s puppy dog eyeing me and punish him when he’s ripping apart a paper or chewing off ears from unfortunate tramp dolls.

Last, but far from the least, I utterly love and am devoted to David Mitchell. Anything you want, dear. Well, not really anything, but y’know...

No comments: