Wednesday, August 25, 2010

An Apology Of Sorts

A new source of things sent me into a paradox once again. This morning I was thinking, how weird it may be, Charlie Brooker inspired me to write. This morning, in an empty attempt to write something professional and therefore not interesting and certainly not funny, I decided to check out whatever else constructed and ordered words have left Mr. Brooker’s typing fingers. There was one article about writing. Ironically Mr. Brooker sometimes has problems coming up with the order of words to make up an article and he told us how useless he is in giving advice about writing. Yet he did give an advice in the article. I understood and recognized the problem of fleeting inspiration and effects and consequences it forced.

I was looking for inspiration so a minute or more I would be feeling the racing touch of my fingers on my keyboard pounding out sentences and the pride of thoughts on paper. Instead I felt incredibly drained and never before so uninspired, it made me want to kick myself in the knees, as suggested only in a different variation. My brain transported into the other wise suggested, but yet not recommended state of nowhere and look there, two paragraphs. Admitted, the conversation evolving in between had me staring with glazed-over eyes while my brain went into overdrive to make sense of the words aimed at me. I tried to explain my unresponsive behaviour, but I couldn’t. I was sure I just lost it.

The irony keeps striking, because the two paragraphs was all that was there. Rereading it I felt satisfied, just not yet enough to call it okay to turn into a blog. Problem is, I’m stuck now. There’s not much more I can think of to write, except for the irony dangling in my face as I think of the two unfinished articles I have in my can waiting to receive an end and the send off to blogger. One belongs in my “Things You Shouldn’t Say” series and one inspired, or would be inspired, on something else Mr. Brooker has released not too long ago. I don’t know how to proceed with either one of the pieces of text so instead I’ll blog this dribble.

In the meantime I’ll try writing my business documents and finishing my last set challenges and raising my plastic cup to Mr. Brooker’s inspiration. See you next Monday, Mr. Brooker. Or maybe tonight on YouTube.
Source: If you want to write, get threatened

No comments: