Friday, May 7, 2010

It IS a Fruit

I'm utterly fascinated by the 'Why are Brits always cast as villains?' discussion. I'm utterly fascinated, because all arguments are hilarious and/or have no ground to stand on, nor do they answer Dame Dench's demand. (edit: Of course I was wrong about the Dame; it was Dame Helen Mirren who made the comment. My sincere apologies to Dame Dench.)

Fact is that almost anyone, that includes Americans, Brits, Chinese, you and I, cast certain people in the villain roles as much we typecast other people in other certain roles. It's not right and it's not wrong. It's only our wicked and twisted way of telling good from bad.

Then again, somewhere along the line we started to root for the baddies in Hollywood productions. They must have done something right, those Brits.

Source: Helen Mirren criticises Hollywood casting of Britons as villains

P.S.: My Botanical garden is finished. Visit the purple frog.

No comments: