Tuesday, March 2, 2010

B-day

Yesterday I turned my phone off and watched tv. I spent the whole evening alone on the couch eating Chinese left overs, or I played CW on facebook. It was the quietest birthdays I have ever had. Even at work, most people didn't know it was my birthday.

The only treat I gave myself were three baked bananas covered in greasy dough and warmed up in the oven. Other treats were given unknowingly by my favorite artist in the form of two new songs. One song at least added up to my fantasy enough to carry me away on a short lived daydream.

It was pretty peaceful and sans the regular birthday drama. I received a few digital birthday wishes, one birthday text message which I only saw this morning, and none fysical birthday cards. Also both my mom and her manfriend called, but I didn't pick up, because I kept the phone offline on purpose. It was my birthday so I was going to waste it in my way.

My little brother said to me it seemed like non interest on my part to not invite people for my birthday party (which was not held) or to not answer my phone for the birthday wishes. Truth is, I'd rather invite them any other day to take a guided trip throught the city that is Amsterdam and spend some actual quality time with them.

I came to realize the people who wished me a happy birthday were the ones I am or at least was closest too. From old online daddy and friend Saturn to new friends from the Jason Mraz community to Densie who apologized profusely for forgetting. In the end she didn't forget ;D. And then of course my own family from my cousins to my mom and her manfriend (seriously, I can't call the man her boyfriend, cause he's not a boy; he's a man).

But to show I'm not ungrateful, thanks for all the birthday wishes. I appreciate your attention, compassion and love. You are all very special people to me. ALL of you.

No comments: