Monday, March 8, 2010

Freedom Song

Did I say this morning I knew where I wanted to be opposed to where I actually was physically. In my mind I’ve been in a room watching Jason covering the Freedom Song from Luc & the Lovingtons. For the first time since long, it sounded sincere and passionate to me, unlike all the joy-love-songs Jason’s been writing and singing lately. He sucked me in all over by giving it his best in a voice so clear and a heart so sincere.

I’m not sure why it struck me. I don’t know why the line: “It’s all for you. All for you. All for you. All for you,” stays with me. I think it’s his voice. It’s also the way he’s swinging to the song that stays in my mind. Somehow he reminds me of the boy I fell in love with about 4 years ago. Performing that song he seemed purer.

I’m not sure it feels that way because I heard the other songs or styles so many times, or because he was more into it. All I know is that I seem to feel closer to him than I have the last two years. The last few years I had the feeling I was losing touch with him. I felt like we were drifting apart. I already gave up on trying to follow through. Now he pulled me back for a bit. I’m even listening to his older songs and enjoying those again.

I just can’t imagine it’s the song, cause it’s just as happy and bouncy as most of the songs he’s been writing lately. It boggles my mind. Maybe I should not try to analyze it at all and just enjoy.

No comments: