Thursday, June 23, 2016

Troubled Waters

Today I was listening to 'Keep the Customer Satisfied' a lot during work. It kept me going and I felt understood(?)

During my search for the lyrics google suggested I should take a look at the meaning of the lyrics as well, so I did. I read a few interpretations, some serious, some somewhat less serious, one read: "It's probably about anal sex. Most songs are." There was one comment I found interesting and made me think. A part of the comment was: "...By the end, Paul Simon was chafing under the expectations to keep turning out the "Simon & Garfunkel" works people had come to expect ..."
Then it hit me: Paul is basically screaming on the album 'Bridge Over Troubled Water" that he wants out, and ironically everybody LOVED it....till they realised what was said and it was happening...

....

...Obviously, I mean the split of Simon & Garfunkel...right....?

No comments: