Thursday, June 23, 2016

Song for the Asking...

Of course after a day or two of bitching about both Simon and Garfunkel, about how unpleasant and personally undeveloped they are, I find articles and interviews in which they’re both all considerate, charming and they’re basically behaving like angels.


Last Tuesday I received the special edition of the album Bridge Over Troubled Water due to its 40th anniversary a couple of years ago. In that special edition is also a DVD with two interesting lengthy things on it: 1) Songs of America and 2) The Harmony Game – the Making of Bridge Over Troubled Water. Both give a rare and close insight into the Simon & Garfunkel carousel around the time of the making of the above said album. Both gave me a fuzzy (happy) feeling.

And of course the music.

For the last few weeks (8 of them?), every other day, I’ve been adding songs to my “Simon & Garfunkel” playlist on my phone. Every other week I managed to get obsessed over another song. I’m keeping track to: First two weeks: Sound of Silence. Weeks 3 to 7: Cecilia slowly trailing off. Weeks…now: Flowers Never Bend With the Rainfall, might already be changing into “Keep the Customer Satisfied”. This is a new kind of obsession I’ve never had before. Interesting. No, wait, that’s another lie.

All colours of Simon & Garfunkel are available to me. It ranges from the nasty to the heavenly sweet to the mild indifference. From the extraordinary affectionate to a mild hate and deep disappointment. From outrageously joyful to an intense sadness and everything inbetween. And with me being obsessed and rather sensitive to these moodswings, it’s a rollercoasterride that’s taking me to highs and lows. I swing from being very happy to being very angry. That’s what they’re doing to me right now.

Fine…I’ll deal with it.

No comments: