Friday, July 6, 2012

13 Minutes Rant - The Mystery of the Use of Silly High Pitched Voices

Some time ago I read about someone wondering why people starting talking weirdly to children and animals. You know, dribbling all kind of nonsense in high pitched voice. The reaction you usually get is one of wonder from victim and bystanders alike. However, especially children and dogs seem to appreciate it, any other animal will look at you as if to ask: “You gone mad or something?”

I do it to my cats and they remain unimpressed. They probably think I’m completely cuckoo. It’s when I speak in normal voice to them they, or rather she; he doesn’t talk all that much (typical, eh?), respond. When I get home from work I ask them how their day was. She tells me that she’s hungry and likes to be fed. That’s usually as far the conversation goes.

Beside asking how their day was and telling them off I only speak in funny voices to them, it seems with the aforementioned results. I did wonder with them why the hell I applied a silly high pitched voice. I have no idea; I really must be going mad. I also call them kitty cats, usually in high pitched voice, and once again I have no idea why. Maybe if they tell me to stop over dramatizing I will stop. Fat chance that.

If there's anyone who cracked the mystery, please come forward and delight us...well, me....

No comments: