Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Overhearing Conversation

You probably all agree how annoying it is to be forcefully a listening party in a telephone conversation in some public place. Public transport, where there's no way of escape, amplifies the irritation when some woman is shouting down her mobile and your ear. What's been happening in Britland between some famous figures I might have written about before, is very much like this: Calling all comedians: stop writing tetchy open letters to each other

I must admit, I too was thinking, why don't you do this in the privacy of your own email or paper? Or do it over the phone, preferably not in public transport, but in the warm and cosy comfort of your own house. It's like being forcefully a fly on the wall. And just like the fly, I want to get out!!!

This reminds me of Twitter: When reading my Twitter feed, or rather, conversation between famous people, I feel like a fly on the wall bored to tears. So I usually skip through my feed and then return to my own personal, more interesting, and also more demanding life.

Anyway, so far for irritation today.

No comments: