Thursday, September 26, 2013

"Take a Look, It's in a Book" ...or on the Web

I really admire LeVar's dedication to this. He used to be the host, I believe as well as the producer and he did it for a long time. He still does something with the project and it's definately a noble one.

Lately, I'm developing a fascination with childrens' programs, the educational ones. Back here, in the Netherlands, we've got 'Het Klokhuis' in which, in a twenty minutes format, one subject is discussed, explained, experimented with/on, all to teach children. It's wildly popular. It's been very important to my generation. There was an outcry when the TV station wanted to take it off the air.

Then there is 'Blue Peter' in Britain. The format is a bit different; they're in a studio with usually about three presenters present tackling a variety of subjects. But just like in the Netherlands, it's wildly popular, and generation after generation has grown up with it.

Same goes for 'Reading Rainbow'. I have to support it, since the children are our future. Since I understand more and more how much influence these shows have. Since I understand more and more how much pleasure people take from it. And since I see how important these shows are for children and adults alike.

If there is something I really would love to talk about to LeVar, it's definately this. Go here:
http://blogs.familyeducation.com/blogs/erin-d/getting-kids-take-look-its-book. LeVar gives some very useful advice.

No comments: