Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Online Q&A From a Year Back

Here’s a pretty funny online Q&A with Brent Spiner: Online Q&A with Brent Spiner: Q&A
Must say, the funny’s come mainly from the fans.

Pieces of my favourite parts:
Question: My question is; What was it like in all that makeup for your character Data? How long did it take to put it on? Was it uncomfortable, or did you get used to it?
Brent: The make-up was a nightmare. Particularly the contact lenses. Took an hour fifteen. That process was made very pleasurable by Michael Westmore, a genius and a very nice man.
Question 2: Who hated the make-up chair more, you or Michael Dorn?
Fan answer: Michael Dorn didn’t ware make-up. That’s just what he looks like in the mornings. So they shot all his scenes at dawn.
Fan reaction: I always pictured Dorn as a method actor… He played Worf for so long, I’d assumed he just wore the makeup everywhere. Like at the grocery store…”Give me a … BAGEL! [snarl]”
Brent: You’d have to ask him. I’d guess we both like the chair and hated the make-up.
Fan reaction: I bet Frakes hated that ridiculous fake beard.
Fan reaction 2: They’re so damn itchy! Also, how about Patrick Stewart and that stupid bald cap.

Question: When playing Data on such a constant basis did you ever dream of electric sleep?
Brent: No, I dreamt about Michelle Pfeiffer in those days.
Fan reaction: We all did, man.
Fan reaction 2: I can conform this.
Fan reaction 3: …how long have you waited for this opportunity?
One question was what he
was reading here.


Question: What’s it like having your character in Independe Day compared to Steve Collins, who’s on the NASA Curiosity team?
Brent: I think they compared him to me, didn’t they? But, honored. As I’m sure he is.
Fan reaction: He is very flattered!!!
Steve Collins reaction
Fan reaction 2: They are both flattered bye ach other’s flattery of each other. OW, MY HEAD.

One falling under the ‘Creepy Fans’ header: In the movie ‘Trekkers’, one crazy woman talked about her love of Brent Spiner, then walked into her backyard, pointed to the light of a house in the distance and said, “he lives right there.”
My reaction: “Eeeeeeeeeep!”

Another favourite line for a t-shirt, besides the ‘Rarer Than a Unicorn’ one: ‘Set phasers to love me!’

Question: My wifre is to shy the ask this question so I will do it on her behalf: why are you so awesome?
Brent: She knows. She’s just pretending she doesn’t know me.
Fan reaction: He is fully functional.
Fan reaction 2: programmed in…multiple techniques.

Question: [I refuse to type this out, because it’s too much. One was if Brent and Levar really were good friends, however.]
Brent: I didn’t know LeVar before ST. We became good friends as did the entire cast. We are still very close. All of us.
Fan reaction: But don’t take his word for it. Ba da buh

Question: Who would you pick to play Data in a TNG reboot?
Brent: Are they doing a reboot? Don’t know. May never happen. Maybe my son can do it when he’s old enough.
Fan reaction: Maybe my son can do it when he’s old enough. Oh god that would be too meta.
Fan reaction 2: Metadata?

No comments: