Monday, September 16, 2013

Sunday in the Park with George

Last week I told you what I did in my holiday and one of the things I did multiple times was watching the musical ‘Sunday in the Park with George’.


I am hooked.

Not only is the story telling entertaining and the performances really good, the music is beautiful and/or catchy. My favourite song is an obvious choice. It’s simply a fantastic, epic, beautiful and powerful song. I even thought of downloading it to have it as my alarm on my phone, for Sunday mornings. That says a lot. I don’t normally download songs to use for my alarm clock.

That’s what I love about my way of fandom; it has always led me to new things, to new interests, to more interests and marvels. If it hadn’t been for Brent, I would never have known. I would never have watched it.

Since we’re on the subject of Brent; I bought his latest album (from 2010) on his website. You could choose from a few options of which the option to have it personalized by both Brent and Maude Maggart (who sings with him on the album), was the only one not available anymore. I choose the option to have it personalized just by Brent, because I was quite curious how personalized it would get.

Whoever was on the other side of the line, or whoever is responsible to ship the ordered cd’s or reply to email, was very quick. After I paid I got no confirmation my order was received so I sent off an email to the mail adress listed on the PayPal account. I was told my order was received in good order and the cd would be shipped the same day. Wow, I was actually impressed.
Funny to note the mail was not signed by anyone. Could have been Brent himself, could have been entirely someone else.

Since we’re talking about buying cd’s, I’m seriously considering buying the cd to the musical, the one I started this post with. I already checked on Amazon for the DVD. I can watch it on Youtube, but I’d like to watch a better quality. There’s a ‘All regions’ version on offer, but I don’t quite trust it.

There’s a structure to everything. There’s a resonance in our mind.
I wrote these two sentences a few weeks back, but I had no subject I thought it go with. It's like the pre-echo I keep hearing when watching the version on YouTube.

See if I can remember the words: *thinks* nope, not a chance.

Looked up and these are the words uttered by the character George (Seurat and his great grandson George):
"Order"
"Design"
"Tension"
"Composition"
"Balance"
"Light”
“Harmony”

Just go watch the damn thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-bjPPmg8a4

No comments: