Friday, February 11, 2011

"10 O'Clock Live" - Filling the Gaps

I'm slowly filling in answers. Someone said this on CaB:
I do imagine this show producing something historic or iconic at some point, something that captures the mood of the nation, or is just a slick politician getting jeered (Simon Hughes managed to avoid this tonight, by dint of his niceness mainly) or maybe chinned, haha. And that is the gamble that makes it worth being live.

Good point, I'd say.

Now the makers are cleaning up the wet patches a new phenomenon is rearing its head. It's not quite ugly, but it's not very pretty either. The thing is this (I was hoping I could drag this out a bit longer, but it seems this is pretty much it): when looking at the show on the surface (?) it looks like a very left wing program. Is this really true, or are the things said just sensible? Who are saying this? I'm planning to research that, because I have trouble determining if they are right. Maybe I am more left wing than I thought I was, but I don't think I am.

So here's what I'm planning to do:
1. Starting with watching episode 4 and maybe add 2 and 3 as well.
2. Writing down the places where left wing views could be seen/heard.
3. Analyze if it really was left wing or just sensible
3a. Trying to find the right wing example of said thing.

There were a few more I can't think of now. Just like with all of my other blogs, this all comes from the top off my head...and it's windy up there.

I almost forgot the link to help me:
the Guardian: To us, it's an obscure shift of tax law. To the City, it's the heist of the century
Sometimes you have to make hard decisions for the good of the countries future. But is this one of them? (This is probably a very lefty view of it. It was in the Guardian; what d'you expect?)

Ignore that if you don't agree; I just started exploring and this might help me find the left to the right swing.

I think I'm liberal.

No comments: