Monday, July 26, 2010

It's not Numberwang! It's a Fruit!!!

I had a bit of a weird afternoon.

Okay, I have a confession to make. I do laugh when watching “That Look” (you know which look). Not a loud laugh, rather an endearing laugh. It amuses me in an endearing kind of way. I’m still confused though.

I just googled Numberwang and I’m none the wiser. I did watch and read a piece about Numberwang’s history and the shows it developed in around the world. This particular piece made me laugh, even though the content remained incomprehensible.

“...It is on Austrailian TV, New Zealand TV and even American TV where instead of saying "Thats NumberWang!!" they say "Yes, That is a number..."
Source: Urban Dictionary

Paraphrased sketch:
American contestant: 22.
American host: Yes, that’s a number!

I’m not sure what “Numberwang” is, but I do know what ”a number” is so my example of a piece of the sketch can be counted as correct.

I was also reading this: "Mitchell looks like a penguin..."
and then thinking: "Oooh, that might be why I like him so much..."
That's not numberwang. Yes, I am using that term to define judgement about certain things and it's just as random as the original game.

Then I stumbled on a blog called "Why they're hot.." in which was described why David Mitchell is hot. I don't exactly agree with most of the points and if I ever walk into both Mitchell & Webb together I'll make sure to keep a distance if only to hide my embarrasment. It was particularly the last point that took me 15 minutes to read, cause I was 1) wondering if we were still talking about the same David Mitchell or 2) fiercely frowning or 3) rolling my eyes or 4) looking away in embarrasment and finally 5) coming to terms with the fact that I was trying to overcome a heat explosion. I also scratched my head a few times, humpfed a few times and laughed a bit.
Odd piece.
On my part, not numberwang at all.
Source: Why They're Hot...

And then I came across a very disturbing topic in which was asked if people thought David looks like Hitler. It is a completely useless, pointless and disturbing question in itself, but then the answers were even more disturbing. One someone said: "Nah, David Mitchell always had his doubts about the Nazis." He only had doubts? Just doubts? I'm not sure that was meant funny. I didn't think it was funny. I thought that was definately not numberwang.

I'm very unnumberwang today. I feel like I'm failing.

Now I come to think of it: when something or someone is Numberwang, it's winning. Above mentioned were rather disturbing and therefore not winning thus not numberwang. I hope I can let this go now, cause I hate sorting everything into numberwang or not. I'd rather compare fruits!!!

No comments: