Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Old Practice, New Period

All the positivity stuff and all the stuff of happiness I already knew. The reason I never aired them, or even reacted on Jason’s blogs was, because it was all so obvious to me, I didn’t realize the rest of the world was only finding out or coming back around. I must admit I had a little forgotten about it too. Well, not really forgotten, it was filed somewhere in the back of my brains. Every time somebody brought it up, I remembered.

My initial reactions to Jason’s public epiphanies were: “I already knew that. He’s finding it out only now? Poor guy, that’s kind of sad.”

And my initial reaction to people having trouble practicing positivity and gratitude was: “There’s something wrong with your attitude.”

Like I said, I didn’t realize not everybody had The epiphany. So, not everybody believes in the good of practicing positivity. Also, a lot of people don’t even realize how much they got. They don’t realize there’s a very fair chance they would have been dead already if they got born 2 centuries ago, or on another continent. Our healthcare knowledge is incredible. The safety on the streets is so much better than it used to be. And I’m not only talking about people with guns and knives, but also about the hygiene. Realizing that, knowing that, there’s nothing else I can do than be grateful.

Sure our lives know obstacles and hurdles. Some you can take, others are too high. People have to realize they can achieve way more than they think. People also have to learn to draw the line on a personal level. Carrying on caring for other people and forgetting about your own needs isn’t going to help anyone in the end, and certainly not you. Often help and tools are present. Often we tend to think too hard and too complicated to solve problems. Try and make it as easy as possible for yourselves without breaking down opportunities and other people’s feelings. A few rules I try to follow.

1. Accept your limitations and celebrate your talents. Accept limitations in a situation and celebrate the possibilities.
2. Nothing gets solved without effort. If you want to achieve something, or change something, you are the one to make it happen. Put in your part of effort.
3. Make it as easy as possible and is acceptable. Being lazy can also be a virtue.
4. Together you can achieve more; it’s not a shame to ask for help. Remember:
a. You can’t change people, but you can change some of their behaviour. Inspire them.
b. You can’t change people, but you can accept their shortcomings.
c. You can change, but you have to do it yourselves.

No comments: