Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Writing Habits

When I tell people I love writing, they always ask me 'What sorta thing do you write?' and 'You keep a diary?' The answer to the first question is easy: 'I try to write all sorta things, and I've been trying out all sorta things, including songwriting in which I sucked gloriously.' The second question is harder to answer, cause I don't even nearly write in my diary daily. I don't even update my blog that often. What I do is...

I scribble. I put down on paper whatever pops up in my mind. Sometimes it appears online, or in my diary or computer. More often it disappears in my never ending archive spread out all over my possesions. I don't only scribble on paper, but also on other stuff, like on a box in which I keep my monthly tools. Or on my organizer or bag.

The reason why I write? Sometimes to clear my mind. Other times to feel the keyboard under my fingers. And sometimes to practize my handwriting. And more often to just say without using my mouth for which a forum is excellent.

I used to put quite some amounts of time in writing short stories or articles. I've been wanting to do that again, but I don't write these kind of things if I don't know anything interesting to write. I also find it harder these days, to put my thoughts on paper without it losing its meaning or feel. I suppose I should put more time into practizing free writing, without trying to make too much sense. Interesting conversations can sprout from that.

I think I'll keep spreading my words all over the few forums I visit these days. It's the least I can do.

That's it really. So far for being interesting today.

Interestingly enough, I think this blog is the only me-blog with a sensible title.

No comments: