Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mraz vs Mayer - Hair Compare

So I now updated the JM/JM comparison twice. I pretty much ran out of steam, because I didn’t change my mind and the JM’s didn’t swap personalities nor talents. They are who they are and I am who I am. However, it’s fun, the comparison. So let’s get a little less serious.


Here’s a Hair Compare

I divided the periods up in five. This completely to my convenience and memory of severe shock. The periods are:

1. Cuddly-Wuddly-Fresh-Faced-Pop-Crooners
2. Up-and-Coming-even-Further
3. Somewhere-Inbetweeners
4. Somewhere-Down-the-Liners
5. Hipper-than-Hipster
Let’s start with the last one, since that’s the one freshest in my memory: Hipper-than-Hipster back in 2012. It was the sheer volume of the haircut + occurrence. I knew Jason was growing his hair, I didn’t know John was too.


The judgement

Volume
Both got a nice head of hair with good volume. In both cases the hair frames the face nicely and give the gentelemen a nice full, if what hairy, look. They can both carry it of quite well.

Since they both have about the same volume, I’m going to give both 1 point.

Jason 1 <> John 1.

Style
Both have a bit of curls, which I quite like. In Jason’s case his curls can become quite wild. In this picture however, his curls seem to be a bit absent. Shame, because it makes for a very interesting appearance.

Another point to touch on, freshness in the style. It is commonly known Jason is not into hair products and hair caring all that much. This means, his hairdo doesn’t always look as fresh and clean. John I never saw with a greasy, unbrushed do.

The point has to go to John for taking the best care.

John 2 <> Jason 1.

Accessories
I choose an uncharacteristic picture for Jason. Jason is a hat man, part because of his neglect in hair care sometimes. Jason sported, fedora’s, bandana’s, beanies, etc. John, sporting an interesting hat in this picture, usually goes for the bare hair look.

This point must go to Jason for the sheer variation of accessories worn on locks.

Jason 2 <> John 2.

So, who wins? I don’t know.


This also happened in 2012.


It was a hairy year.



No comments: