Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Love & Other Drugs - Comments

The movie does have some redeeming features and scenes. Unfortunately, it’s not enough to redeem it completely or even justify the convoluted end result.


Most of the nudity happens on the poster
I do like the ideas behind the movie, but there are too many. None of the ideas and subjects get enough space and time to make an impact.

I do like a few scenes, especially the ones where Jamie takes Maggie to the convention and Maggie ends up in the unconvention. It’s the banter of those people, those other people with Parkinsons. I recognized their attitude and the way they handeled their situation. I remembered my dad and the days we hung around with other families with a MS patient. I remember the understanding you encounter during those days. All that comes across in Love & Other Drugs, and then as quickly as it came it’s over. Those scenes take up about 10 minutes, and then I return to boredom, annoyance and indifference. Such a shame.

While in bath, he keeps on his clothes






Why was the movie promoted as having a lot of nude in it? Because of that promotion I was expecting something something more and what we get is some nudity in a movie about a boy selling legal drugs, or about a girl having Parkinsons, or what? It seems the marketing department wasn’t entirely sure what the movie was about either. Oh look, I can see some skin. Let’s promote it as having a lot of nudity in it. I don’t know. The filmmakers seem to want to have an opinion on everything, but doesn’t have it.

It also has Oliver Platt and Hank Azaria in it. Wahey!

No comments: