Friday, January 14, 2011

Hello Charlie

There are quite a few new programs aligned to get broadcast this year. All in all quite exciting, especially since Charlie Brooker is involved. I wanted to say “people I like”, but I quickly realized it really mainly were Charlie Brooker “projects”.

However, it seems the Bubble is not going to return, because David Mitchell choose the 10 O’Clock Live live thing over the Bubble. Maybe a shame, but I was not that big a fan of the Bubble. I felt it would get boring quite quickly with all the (fake) reports. Also, how many more times can you put the same people in a house for a week while they have busy schedules?

Look how ably I steered this blog post away from Charlie Brooker and “new programs”. I’m almost proud of myself, but this lame paragraph shot my pride in the eye and now it’s dying.

For the first time in a long time I’m excited about what’s coming to us on the airwaves of television. Right while I’m at the point of losing the ability to watch TV at all. My ex wants the TV and I get almost anything else. And even though I really want “anything else”, I’m really going to miss the TV in this time and age. Not that I was able to watch 10 O’Clock Live as it is happening live; I don’t receive C4. Another Brooker project is going out on BBC2, which I do receive. So yeah, that sort of sucks. Or I have to buy a new TV which I think I’m going to, because I really don’t want to be without at this point in this spring.

I’m still a bit deflated over my friends not liking Charlie. As usual, in my direct surroundings, no one likes him or knows him which leaves me alone to celebrate and it’s a lonely party this way.

Here’s a piece I wrote earlier, but didn’t post because it doesn’t really reflect my feelings and I felt Charlie didn’t deserved to be shouted at for handing over the Screen Burn Column. I just like the flow of words.

Hello Charlie

For years you observed the (TV) world and described it in bold capital letters, scolding people and breaking down programs, games and news items alike to the core of what things were and had become. Not in it to make friends, but to point and groan. Maybe pointing out all that is wrong and went bad made you wary and despising mankind even more than you did.

Soon people thought of you as profane, rude, crude, angry and maybe even aggressive. You started to feel bad for some people you gave a beating. You became confused by how people saw you. You thought it all went slightly worse with your own contribution, so you decided to stop.

Turns out the worse thing you’ve done so far.

Extra instructions:
Ignore the spelling and grammar mistakes.

Grace Dent took over the Screen Burn Column; Go Read It!
Screen Burn
Loads of Screen Burns of Grace Dent and Charlie Brooker alike. (scroll down for Grace)

And some more randomness:
Could have gone on Twitter (yes yes, I have a Twitter account)
I See

So that is how it all works?


And another one for Twitter?
Holla

For a while now, I have been wanting to fly.


And...

He stops Screen Burning and I saw that as the perfect sign to start following him. Bollocks!!! Another regular fixture down the drain. What am I supposed to do on Monday mornings now?

The last one is actually too big for Twitter. And Charlie-related...like I'm not, WAHahahe..ehumm...

Right. That's said.

No comments: