Monday, May 16, 2011

the Nathan Barley effect

This is effectively throwing someone’s words back into his face and I like it
The truth of this took a sadder turn recently with Brooker’s wrongcast, Nathan Barley, a sitcom he co-wrote with Chris Morris. Charlie Brooker and Chris Morris write a sitcom! How could it possibly go wrong? I don’t know, but it did. It had its moments, but after some of the poorer episodes, to nick yet more of Brooker’s images, I felt like sewing my eyelids shit with fishing wire, slicing the top of my skull off, and scooping the memories out with a spoon. A couple of good gags were stretched out into a complete Bo Selecta of a series. Not completely terrible, and better than most, but when Brooker and Morris get together, anything less than genius is a crushing disappointment.

Source: readysteadybook

Te stolen Brookerism is really funny, especially since it’s this time about him.

No comments: