Monday, May 23, 2011

the Nathan Barley effect - Progress

Last Friday I spent a great deal of time reading reviews, articles and comments about "Nathan Barley". The general consensus is so confusing and ripped up in groups, it's almost incomprensible and therefore hard to keep up; I forgot most of what I've read. I do remember finding a lot of interesting views and analysis; we might be on to something.

I still don't think "Nathan Barley" is as good as Morris' and Brooker's other works and I still don't think it's a brilliant series, cause it simply isn't. I do think however, that the idea and the way they tried to do it was admirable and adds value. I believe this project holds value, but I can't quite pinpoint what it is. I can't help but see it as a bit of a failure and yet as an important piece of work.

I probably research on for a bit more.

No comments: