Friday, April 15, 2011

"10 O'Clock Live" - General Progress

What number episode was it last night, 13? I must admit that I’m not following very strictly anymore. I do remember every Friday to read up on what happened and so far every week at least something happened that made me make a note to find the episode online and watch it, though I have to admit that I’m now 2 episodes behind (that’s including last night’s episode).

It seems I’m not the only one who ran out of steam concerning well meant analysis and advice. At the start of the run and 3 weeks in, there was so much to read I could easily fill a whole Friday reading up. There was also a lot to say about it, because everything they tried to do was new to them and for us, with our viewer excellence, expertise, knowledge and experience, a good reason to dump a shit-load of advice on them. After a good 10 weeks, after only minor improvements, there’s nothing new to say; you can only repeat so many times. Besides that, most people have lost interest and stopped watching all together.

Even though the show seems weaker than many a soul expected it to be, it’s been a run with fair quality, maybe even enough to have a 2nd series commissioned. I certainly hope a 2nd series will get commissioned, if only to give it the chance to let it mature. You’d think after 1 season they now have the experience under their belt to make it better, though that’s what we’ve been thinking after the 10th week as well. Just keep in mind it took ‘the Daily Show’ a few years to properly settle in as well. Maybe a change of personnel good do some good.

Two more weeks to go (I just counted and I was right; last night’s was episode 13) and then we and they will have about 7 months to breath and reflect.

No comments: