Wednesday, December 8, 2010

To Mr. Charlton Brooker

It’s not that I wanted to, I just had to. It’s really just a salute to you, Mr. Charlton Brooker, also known as Charlie Brooker. I suppose this outcry is really the echo of my fears of you not creating quite enough new stuff to keep me entertained. Mr. Charlie Brooker, you are my ghetto blaster of observation and opinion. We just agree on most things and you never cease to make me laugh. But what especially strikes me about you is you seem to try to be fair....sort of.

What’s up with the whole 10 O’Clock Live thing? Have preparations begun? What’s your part going to be? I was thinking, you could do news items like you do on Newswipe, though I’m not sure what that would mean for Newswipe as a separate series; wouldn’t want to lose it.
Also I feel you should get a bigger part than you had in the Election night special. You are a good host, sir. And I think we could do with less Jimmy Carr reading off, obviously, auto-cue. And then maybe we could let go of the ‘panic room’ organization. That would safe time and money and would provide a bit more variation (20 minutes of Jimmy Carr prescripted quips and head movements without breaks was a bit much for me).

I did read Screenwipe and Newswipe are going out on BB2 this Christmas and the coming year. Especially to me, that’s good news, since I don’t receive C4 nor BBC4.
What about You Have Been Watching? Is a new series commissioned? Even though I love to watch you, Mr. Charlton, a bit of variation of faces could be refreshing. And the proof you can actually smile is a sweet one. Beside that, I just love the idea of the TV-club.

I hope to see much more of you the coming year (and on).

My fave forum quote of the week (a quote with a reaction added, really):
“’I had a Bounty on my head.... I was showing off in the newsagents.’ Wahey!!”
Source: UKFF Forum

No comments: